OFSTED GOOD PROVIDER
After our latest Ofsted inspection took place in September 2016 and we are pleased to say that Dunsford continues to be recognised as a Good provider.
The report below recognises and highlights the many excellent features of our academy:
- You have ensured that this small primary school of three classes is central to the lives of the families in the local rural community.
- Families, staff and governors work together to provide a broad and memorable education for the pupils.
- A special feature is the use you make of the school’s outdoor facilities, including the swimming pool, wild garden and forest school, to promote pupils’ social, emotional and academic development.
- The 2016 progress information indicates that you have sustained pupils’ good academic progress since the last inspection.
- Your vision of a rich and inspiring curriculum and high expectations of pupils’ learning is shared by governors, staff and parents.
- Parents are exceptionally positive about the work of the school, especially the enriched curricular opportunities.
- Children get off to a good start in the early years due to the strong provision.
- Pupils are eager to learn and attend school regularly.
- The school is calm and orderly and pupils behave well.
- Governors have an in-depth understanding of the school’s strengths and areas for improvement.
- The extensive curriculum is highly valued by parents and pupils.
- In addition to the range of arts and poetry competitions, a high proportion of pupils participate in the wide variety of sport and tournaments provided through the school sport partnership